Although this blog will occasionally house my random thoughts, table napkin sketches and doodles, this is more for people & things which I've found to be too good not to share. I hope they inspire awe and wonder in life for you, as they've done for me.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Of Ice Cream and Childhood Memories

I have a distinct childhood memory of going on a nursery fieldtrip to the Ice Cream house along Aurora Blvd. I remember being with my dad then. I remember how neat it was to watch the ice cream being made, and to eat scoops of it after.

Cut to 27 years later. The new job this year has lead me to different routes home, going through Aurora. It takes me quite a while to have my second visit, but hey, you never grow too old to have ice cream, right?

Although it was in the same familiar place, the Nestlé Creamery had a "new" look with the remodeling done in the recent years. You can still order ice cream by the scoop, and they kept most of the old favorites - the banana splits, the cobblers, the sundaes and so many other oh-it's-going-to-be-a-happy-day desserts. They also have new & interesting treats, like the marble slab concoctions. (We had the Eskimo Choco Decadence - it's a must-try. I've also heard that the Blueberry Crumble is good.) Oh, and you still can get ice cream cakes too.

* Jerome whipping up a Blueberry Crumble.

They've expanded the menu to include meals like pasta, sandwiches, pizza and salads, making the Creamery a really good spot for the family's lunch or dinner (and dessert of course).


* It's going to take more than just a few visits to go through this list. =P

And if you haven't had your fill by the time you need to go, there's a little area at the side selling ice cream gallons and other good pasalubong stuff.


Something for the kids and the kid-in-you to try. Go have fun. :)

------
Open everyday, the Nestlé Creamery is located inside the Nestle Ice Cream compound along Aurora Blvd. You can give them a call at (632) 415-7872.

No comments: